ARMA KANSAS HISTORY
Arma was incorporated as a city of the third class on May 18, 1909. Previously the area had been known as Rust, a small coal camp laid out in 1886. The city was named for William F. Armacost, one of the owners of most of the land north and east of the camp. Arma is situated in the center of a rich bituminous coal deposit. Many of the earlier mines of this region were located around Arma.
To read further history and stories of families who settled in Arma click here.
The above artwork was done by Gary Lofts in conjunction with celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the incorporation of Arma as a city.